Kunzman Title Company, has had its roots in Box Butte County since 1887. In the beginning, abstracts of title were certified by the County Clerk. When the job became too time-consuming, B.F. Gilman, who was county Superintendent of Schools, opened an independent abstract office. Mr. Gilman certified abstracts of title until January 1, 1916 when the business was purchased by J.D. Emerick.
In 1944 Mr. H.H. Selleck purchased the business and expanded it to include casualty insurance. On December 15, 1968 Paul Kunzman purchased the business. He moved the business to the old Slagle Clinic Building on May 30, 1970, renaming the company Paul Kunzman Abstracts & Insurance. In 1977 the office was relocated again, this time to the Professional Offices Building at 115 East 5th Street.
On January 2, 1990 the business was incorporated and its name changed to Kunzman Tile Co. On January 6, 1990 Dan Dickinson purchased the shares of the company from Paul Kunzman and on April 1, 2006, after working as office manager for nine years, Wendy Fritzler purchased the company from Dan Dickinson.